Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 August 2014

Burning: A fire beneath my skin.

Why are thoughts about burning still prevalent on my mind?

My inner fire has been blazing - reducing my soul to ashes over and over again without the slightest hint of mercy.

Burn. Burn. Burning.

It's not that I want to die - is it? I can't be so ready to completely collapse. How can I be so perfectly content with this blaze inside of me? 

I do not have any excuse to give you for the reason I'm always inhaling the cold and exhaling the heat. A warmth so weak inside you yet burning at a million degrees within me.

How dare I set the world on fire just to watch it burn down. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, I'm reducing myself to bones.

After it's done, burning, I will be numb. Burnt. Rejected by a world so cold. 

Only I am the red amoungst the black. Standing apart. Set against a dying night, I'm radiating.

These burning thoughts are destroying me, setting my insides on fire for fun. And without a hint of smoke to fill the breezed air it's showing no signs of surrender. 

No comments:

Post a Comment