Total Pageviews

Monday 13 October 2014

My. Summer. Rain.

Your skinny kisses give my snowflake skin shivers
And as your hand softly slips into mine
My heart skips a beat when my breathing hitches
A single raindrop shattering against a hot sweaty street
You taste like summer rain and ciggarettes
Summer rain that surrounds me
Beating against the windows to my soul
You envelop me
I could get lost inside you.

You soak through the material I use to protect myself
From downpours like you,
That threaten to completely flood the alleyways inside the city of my heart.
Beautiful and glistening, your heavenly water
Courses through my veins.

It swallows the dead leaves that have been
Taking refuge inside of me,
Leafy boats of red and orange are dragged down the
Canals that threaten to flood.
Your water fills the holes in the cobblestone streets,
And leaves the famine stricken flora
Looking lively and green.

Your summer rain surrounds me,
It makes the walls of my body look rosy
And leaves my soul filled with flowers.

And that's what love is meant to be,
A summer rain
Over a restless sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment